Wednesday 10 November 2010

Apple Captains Log


The first week after producing my brief for the apple project, felt as though it went fairly slowly. I think I needed to get into the swing of what to do, the research for the overall concept in particular. At the start of the week a small group of us went over to the Apple shop in Chapelfield mall, testing out some of the games on the iPad; most of which focused on the touch screen itself. This had me definitely swayed to stuck with the 3 axis capabilities, and to stick away from my other idea for a racing game since there are so many.
Research wise still not going amazingly, looked up Playstation 3 games that took advantage of the motion style controls in particular was ‘Super Rub a Dub’ Almost everything was controlled by the six axis in that game.
Started thinking of some possible character designs for the balancing game concept, but wasn’t sure as to where to start. However while I was watching TV, and advert for adopting polar bears came up; which got me thinking of an arctic themed balancing game; an animal on a block of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment